Sunday, October 22, 2017

Civil Rights Are Rights For All



Civil Rights is no longer solely the focus on the color of a person's skin, but their sexual orientation and gender. I support equality for all people, just as the Founding Fathers intended when they declared that all men were created equal.

My philosophy on civil rights is simple. I was born a heterosexual white male. I did not choose to be white, I did not choose to be straight, and I did not choose to be a man. I was born this way. If I can be born this way, is it not equally possible that a person could be born gay, black, Latina, Asian, etc? Why should we treat anyone who is different than us differently when they have no control over these dynamics?

Civil rights legislation is a moral responsibility, and I will vote for laws that expand and protect the rights of all people, regardless of their gender, their sexual orientation, their religion, their nationality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daniel Webster - 'I am 100 percent behind Donald Trump'

For Immediate Release For more information contact Jim Henry at Jimhenryforcongress@gmail.com or (352) 462-8019             HERN...