Sunday, October 22, 2017

Enhance Education from Kindergarten through College


I have worked in higher education since 2004. College students must be prepared for the rigors of advanced education, starting in K-12.

Simply affording people the opportunity to go to college to earn a degree is not enough. I have taught first-year college students all the way up to students at the end of their degree programs. I was shocked at how ill-prepared many students were upon entering college, as I needed to teach many of them skills I was fortunate to learn as early as elementary school. At first, I assumed these students had simply forgotten these lessons, but in time I realized that many of them had never learned the lessons in the first place.

The key to making sure college students are successful and can pay back the loans they take out while in college is to make sure they have the skills to succeed upon enrollment. Only then can we have hope that graduation rates will improve, and students can enter the workforce with the skill set employers require and need, and then repay their debts they incurred seeking their degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daniel Webster - 'I am 100 percent behind Donald Trump'

For Immediate Release For more information contact Jim Henry at Jimhenryforcongress@gmail.com or (352) 462-8019             HERN...